Stratford District Council respects and protects the privacy of our website users.
The collection and use of personal information by Stratford District Council is regulated by the Privacy Act 2020. Under this Act, personal information may be collected only for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of the council and only if necessary for that purpose. Such information must, as a general rule, be collected directly from the individual concerned and that person must be told why the information is needed.
Stratford District Council will use personal information provided by website visitors only for the following reasons:
- to provide customers with online services or facilities;
- to positively confirm an individual’s identity to avoid inappropriate release or use of information;
- to respond to correspondence or to provide information that has been requested;
- to process an application for any consent, licence, approval, permit or other authorisation;
- to process online payments received by, or made by council;
- to respond to requests, enquiries or feedback, or for customer care related activities;
- to provide to agents and service providers that Council engages to assist with the provision of online products or services, or to carry out any of the functions mentioned above;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- to carry out activities connected with the running of normal business operations such as personnel training, or testing and maintenance of computer and other systems; and
- for general administrative and business purposes.
All enquiries about or formal requests for information in terms of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987, or the Privacy Act 2020 should be in writing to:
Stratford District Council
PO Box 320
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media community policy
Stratford District Council has social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram. These aim to keep you up to date on the work we’re doing in the community. If you're engaging with us on social media please read our social media community policy and guidelines here. (This link takes you to the Stratford District Council website)